What Information Do We Collect?
Collecting Personal Information
3. RID will not collect any personal information about an individual without their consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily.
4. RID collects personal information via a variety of sources, including through the RID websites (www.ridaustralia.com.au and www.rid.com.au), through competitions/promotions and offers, from employees who have requested under instructions from their contacts whether it be via a supplier request or consumer request, via any direct requests from persons who wish to be added to our database to receive communication or as an existing contact of RID.
5. RID collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for a range of purposes, such as:
- Purposes of research in development of products and assist with marketing research to better understand our consumers purchasing and wants.
- To personalise our consumers experience.
- To improve our website.
- To improve our customer service.
- For general marketing and promotional purposes, including sending periodic emails for marketing purposes in relation to company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To conduct a promotion/competition or offer.
- To assist with administering content for promotion, survey or other site features.
- To provide to our legal advisors, when needed, and other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
- Personal information will only be collected through you directly and not via third parties.
6. Our database of personal information is stored on a virtual private network server via our IT provider. The database is uploaded to our online email marketing platform located on a secure server with restricted access to RID Australia
Requests for access to and correction of your personal information
7. You may request access of the personal information we hold about you and seek the correction of such information by contacting us via phone, email or mail, as outlined in point 11 below. In general, we will allow access to the personal information we hold about you, however, we may deny access to you to the extent it would not be permitted under Australian privacy laws.
8. Personal information we collect from you will not be disclosed to any entity located overseas, unless RID expressly seeks authorisation from you directly via telephone or email for such disclosure. In such circumstances, you will be advised of the countries to which the personal information will be disclosed unless it is impracticable to do so.
RID and links to other web sites
9. The RID website may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of other organisations. Linked websites are responsible for their own privacy practices and you should check those websites for their respective privacy statements. RID is not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to the RID website.
Inquiries & Complaints